My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Removed business from GMB but still online (shows as closed)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

I'm a freelancer who runs two service area businesses using the same phone number. At the advice of Google to improve my local SEO, avoid citation conflicts, and be a good Google citizen, I removed one of them from GMB (and the phone number off of its website). However, it still shows up in Google, only now, as closed: https://plus.google.com/104809398116061677152/about. So now there are still two businesses showing up with the same phone number, the one I tried to remove, and the one that I left, want to remain in the search engines, and still have control over: http://google.com/+newyorkjazzevents.

Does anyone have any suggestions on how I can get the former permanently deleted? Or is this not possible and/or not something should still be concerned with, i.e., not something that Google will penalize my SEO with, even though it still shows the same phone number?

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Chuck B
January 2016

Re: Removed business from GMB but still online (shows as closed)

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Chuck removing )deleting a local page from your dashboard will not delete it from their database.
But in case the two "businesses" are at the same location and with the same phone number you should contact business support to get them merged.or the redundant removed

The best way to get support:
support.google.com/business/contactflow?hl=en

Re: Removed business from GMB but still online (shows as closed)

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Thank you Helmut, I've followed your advice