My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Remove irrelevant one star review and block user

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We have received only five-star reviews from all our clients so far. A person who is not a client has posted a "joke" one star review because our business name is Cactus Chiropractic and "he thought we were a taco shop". He is a Category 5 listed Local Guide but posting these joke reviews seems to be his gig. This has dropped our overall review score below that of our local competitors. How can I have that review removed and the user blocked? 

https://goo.gl/maps/agPgM6BeY1u

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I have escalated this to Google and the user as well.

Ben Fisher, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter and Founder at Steady Demand - Social SEO 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thank you very much Ben, I appreciate that!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Ben Fisher (Top Contributor)
July

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

The review in question has been removed and the user was also. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My apologies for piggy-backing on this thread, given the very limited options of reaching someone at Google who can respond appropriately to a similar request, I thought this might be preferable over starting a new thread.  One of our businesses also has two reviews that are irrelevant.  I've already flagged them as off-topic twice now with no results from Google.  Our company provides real estate education, the name of the business and part of the domain name contain REI (Real Estate Institute - Las Cruces, rei-lascruces.com).  I have two people who gave our listing 1 star because it's not the REI retail store, which is quite a ridiculous reason to have our ratings dragged down to 2.3 stars because the reviewers were expecting a completely different business.  is there any way you might be able to help me in this matter?  Here is the URL that displays our business' review: https://www.google.com/search?ei=gdL5Wbf_C-aa0gKq2Z-4Cg&q=rei-lascruces.com&oq=rei-lascruces.com&gs_...

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@steinbornrealestate Please start a new thread

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I started a new thread and even sought help from Google all of which has resulted in nothing but wasted time on my part. Google called me and basically informed me that since irrelevant reviews are not against their content policy (why in the world not, is completely beyond any logic), they won't remove the two reviews. This is quite infuriating that businesses have no recourse with Google when wayward "reviewers" drag down the reputation of a company based on their own inability to think critically. Absolutely insane, but I suppose it's the world we live in.