My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Remove Street Address from listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I work out of my home, but I do not have, nor do I want to have, walk-in traffic.
I do not want my exact street address to appear on my Google Business listing. I am okay with the City and Zip Code appearing, but not the house number and preferably not the street either.
When I try to change the listing to avoid the street address appearing I get an error. Is there a solution to this?

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Remove Street Address from listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
You need to restart up again or somehow change your business from a store front google Plus profile to a service google plus area (no location). Someone may add some links here.
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Barbra B
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor

Hi @Barbra B

Do not remove your address in business admin, that has to remian.

To hide your address, you can select >> I serve customers at their location.

This will hide your full address.

screencapture 104.png

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you, that was exactly what I was looking for.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

can I ask how u get into this screen above? 

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Jen M

This is through your ( dashboard https://business.google.com/manage ) while managing an address of a listing.

BUt i will now close this very old thread.

for any more such basic questions please start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue

This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.