My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Remove Street Address from listing.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have been looking through the online community to see how to remove a home address from the listing, and the answer always seems to be go to the dashboard, etc. and find where you can select I serve customers at their location.  I can't find that.

I'm in the US, and the top poster is in the UK. Maybe that makes a difference?

I work from home, and do not want my home address listed for all the world to see.  Please, tell me, step by step, on how to do this.

Thanks.

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

It's the same for UK and the US in the this case. These are the instructions. Have you claimed your listing? You should be able to log into your business listing at google.com/business, click 'manage location' for the business profile in question, and edit the business information from there. You should check "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their locations.", and uncheck “I serve customers at my business address”, that should take care of things for you. Let me know if you have any trouble finding that part of the menu. 

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Rising Star
# 3
Rising Star

It sounds like you need to get to the Google My Business dashboard and change the check box to service customers in other locations. Do you have access to manage the account?

The second question is what type of company do you have. Google maps is set up to show information to searchers. There are three classifications. Companies that sell and service customers in a location that they service = a retail store is an example. Service companies that go to customers to provide a service. Such as a plumber or gutter cleaning company. At the link that starts with https://business.google.com/manage/XXXXXXX   you need to go to card view and in the edit address box click on that and select the entry that has a check box next to "I deliver goods and services to my customers at their location" then change it to I deliver goods and services.

I have not figured out how to post screen shots on the forum so that is my best description with out that. Hope this helps

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |