My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Remove OpenTable link from Google Business page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi there,

I am a manager of a restaurant and we recently stopped using Opentable as our reservation system and switched over to Resy.

I can't find any way to update or remove this link through my Google Business page.  I'd like to switch it over to our new reservation system.  

Anyone had had any luck with this? Let me know - thanks!

[ Edited ]
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi @Chris H

You may find this older post around the same issue helpful.

I found Phillip B's response most helpful:

"the official word I received when dealing with their listing in the Knowledge Graph was this link cannot be removed as long as the restaurant has a contract with Open Table - and this is stated in the sales contract with Open Table. Google apparently cannot remove the link under their contract with Open Table (start your research here: https://support.google.com/websearch/answer/4632216?hl=en)".

Best of luck!

Allie 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, My restaurant does not use Opentable. We use Resy.

My listing shows both Opentable and Resy. When one clicks on opentable it says there's no reservations available and tells the user to click to find similar restaurants. We are losing business this way I believe.

How can we remove Opentable so we do not lose business?

Listing: https://maps.google.com/?cid=17390438794732770457

Thank you in advance, Lawrence

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 4
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

These reservation websites have paid google so thay can link their booking business to any business type in their contract I would expect.

In their contract with Gogole it says they have to remove the link if you object.

You need to email OpenTable asking them to remove the link, and its their responsibility to ask Gogole to remove it. It might take a week or two.

If its not gone by then send them a legal notice, and sue them for loss of their cut on bookings till its removed.

Andrew.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew, thank you very much for the advice. I will try this and post here with my results!

Lawrence

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Very curious to see how this turned out! We also left opentable but the link is still showing up and Google told me they couldn't remove it. Were they cooperative with you?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

What are you using now? I am curious... 

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 8
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi Sara,

When you say 'left opentable' did you just send them an email asking them to remove a link they added without asking you?

Andrew.

Re: Remove OpenTable link from Google Business page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I'm using Yelp Reservations now