My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Remove OLD location from Google Map

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Google listed OLD (closed a few years ago) display shop: 

https://www.google.com.au/search?sa=X&q=Parthenon%20Marble&ved=0ahUKEwi_84jd96vVAhWHVZQKHf_ZD2AQvS4I...

The company HQ with has been added in google My Business and verify ownership, we are not able to verify ownership of the OLD shop because we do not have an access to the location.  Google Map not gives possibility to suggest that the shop is closed (based on Google Map help it should be the option like that). 

We cannot communicated with Google My Business support - not email or phone number only redirection to NOT USEFUL article (with cannot be implemented because we dont have an ownership). 

How The old location can be take down ? How we can contact support? PLEASE HELP, automation is great, but in this case is so soulless and humiliating.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Go to the search result for the old location use 'suggest an edit' to answer the 'Place Permanently Closed' as 'Yes'.

You will need to go to all the other web directory entries for the old location and change them to your new details to preserve ranking.

Old reviews can pass across by business name and phone no.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

As I mentioned before "Google Map not gives possibility to suggest that the shop is closed "

Other words: I can not used solution with you provide. 

Is any one know who to contact Google Map support to remove site when / if "Place Permanently Closed" is not shown ? 

Re: Remove OLD location from Google Map

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Pawel B

Pawel B wrote:

As I mentioned before "Google Map not gives possibility to suggest that the shop is closed "

This are fake news!

Click this GMaps link https://goo.gl/maps/oiJx7LXV5192 and then ""Suggest edit" and than top left on "NO"

Screenshot 2017-08-01 at 18.38.03.png

to get the option to report it as permanetly closed

Screenshot 2017-08-01 at 18.38.12.png

I just did it now on oyur behalf and got from GMaps the below  confirmation per email:

Success
Your edit to Parthenon Marble has been published. See your change. Note that some changes might take up to 24 hours before appearing on Google.
Thank you for improving Google Maps! Your insights make it a better, more useful map for everyone.