My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Red Triangle Issue on Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

When I google my business 'Trophy Supermarket' the map within the google business sidebar shows the below, it's not something I've seen before and I'm not sure why it's happening?

Screen Shot 2017-01-26 at 14.19.18.pngTr

My business address is setup correctly both on my website and within Google Business Manager. If anyone has any potential answers on how to fix I'd be appreciative. 

Trophy Supermarket

120 Spring Bank

Hull

East Yorkshire

HU3 1QJ

0333 666 6896

https://plus.google.com/100634306077954512935

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Paul S

Can you provide a link to the map you've provided a screenshot to?  I'm unable to recreate the problem...
https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Trophy+Supermarket/@53.749994,-0.353409,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0x0...

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MargaretO,

I seem to be having this same issue (see: https://www.google.co.za/search?q=novella+design&oq=novella+design&aqs=chrome..69i57j69i60l2j0j69i65...

It appears that @Paul S's problem may have been resolved, but I am wondering if there is anything to do to fix the map's depiction of my business. Could it be anything to do with the fact that my business address is listed only as a suburb? We are not operating a bricks and mortar shop, but rather sell through our website (https://novella.co.za/) and at markets etc. I only verified Google My bUsiness a few days ago, so could it also just be a teething issue?

Any help would be greatly appreciated, thanks for your time!

Richard

Re: Red Triangle Issue on Maps

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Rich G

Have sent this off to Google for investigation. It's happened a few other times I know of, but seems really random. 

Can you give us some time to let the team investigate?

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MargaretO,

Thanks so much for the help. 

Any word from @Google yet?

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Rich G

Before I push this again,  can you confirm you've gone into the listing and re-entered the address and service area?  The area is quite large - capetown to pretoria, part of swaziland...

You don't have any funky post codes causing the weird shape?  Is Marion Island the same postcode as another area by chance?

Find me on · · my blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @MargaretO

Thanks a lot for the continued help.

I have gone into the listing and entered the service area with my current postal code of 7700. However, I am unable to edit the address, I assume this is because the address was verified by post and I won't be able to change without waiting for another letter?

I'm not aware of any weird postal codes. 7700 applies to my area and, as far as I know, no zones in Pretoria/Joburg/Swaziland should interfere with that. With Marion Island, your guess is as good as mine:) 

I have changed my "Serving Area" to be the whole country of South Africa - it was previously a few discrete provinces. Will see if this has any affect.

Otherwise, do you have any further suggestions before sending off to Google?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @Rich G

If changing your service area doesn't fix it in a day or so, I'll bump this with Google.  

The responses I've received so far haven't been what I was hoping for, and we needed to make sure we had dotted the i's before I repeat the process.

Find me on · · my blog

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

Hi @Rich G

It's been enough time, and the weird triangle is still there.  Am escalating to Google for you again.

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Rich G

Sorry, I should have caught this earlier.

The listing is ineligible for a GMB listing, per the guidelines

https://support.google.com/business/answer/3038177

That makes the shape of the service are a moot point.

The "triangle" is there because of the islands - they're a part of SA therefore included in the map.

Find me on · · my blog