My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Recent batch of new real client reviews disappeared from Google Business Page

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

We recently had a education training meeting and roughly 13 clients left reviews on our Google Business Page at roughly the same time.

All of those reviews are not showing up on our page.

They all disappeared.

These are all real clients who left real reviews.

How do we get these back and how do we make it so Google doesn't keep removing them?

Business Is "SapphireSEO Kelowna"

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JP L
May 2016

Re: Recent batch of new real client reviews disappeared from Google Business Page

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Were those reviews left while they were on site?

Google assesses incoming reviews using an algo to assess review quality. If the reviews have enough of the attributes that match the attributes of a spammer's review, then their algo will take them down.

Unfortunately this sort of broad stroke approach can often "catch" legitimate reviews. One of the strokes I noted above was reviews from the same IP. If they were all on your wifi network then it is 100 % that they would be taken down.

Also SEO businesses are typically under greater scrutiny than other businesses so things that might not get flagged normally might get flagged in your case.

The problem is, once a review is so flagged, it is very difficult (if not impossible) to recover reviews that have been so tagged.

If they weren't on site when the review were created then you would need to look at/understand what behaviors triggered the flag. 

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author JP L
May 2016

Re: Recent batch of new real client reviews disappeared from Google Business Page

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Were those reviews left while they were on site?

Google assesses incoming reviews using an algo to assess review quality. If the reviews have enough of the attributes that match the attributes of a spammer's review, then their algo will take them down.

Unfortunately this sort of broad stroke approach can often "catch" legitimate reviews. One of the strokes I noted above was reviews from the same IP. If they were all on your wifi network then it is 100 % that they would be taken down.

Also SEO businesses are typically under greater scrutiny than other businesses so things that might not get flagged normally might get flagged in your case.

The problem is, once a review is so flagged, it is very difficult (if not impossible) to recover reviews that have been so tagged.

If they weren't on site when the review were created then you would need to look at/understand what behaviors triggered the flag. 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks for the reply.

That really sucks that Google would do that.

I've thought of a work around but that is just annoying.