My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Receiving calls from people looking for specific hospitals - we sell hospital software

N/A
# 1
N/A

Hi - We're a company that sells software for emergency departments. Every day we receive several phone calls from people that think they're calling a specific hospital. When we ask how they got our number they say they got it from Google. Some say they used their phone and asked Google assistant for the hospital's number. So, how do we make these calls stop? I've had no luck reaching anyone at Google and can't seem to find a contact at Google My Business. Thanks.

3 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author
October 2016

Receiving calls from people looking for specific hospitals - we sell hospital software

N/A
# 11
N/A

I like your suggestion of changing the number we have listed on our AdWords and have considered doing that. I'm just not sure how they'd be seeing our Adwords unless they typed Emergency Department/Room Software/ System. We've also added hundreds of negative keywords as it's been really tough to target our specific market. Wish we could keep people on the phone longer to get more information out of them but they're usually frazzled and impatient.

View solution in original post

Re: Receiving calls from people looking for specific hospitals - we sell hospital software

Badged Google Partner
# 2
Badged Google Partner

The best way is to get us actual information from these mis-aligned  called.  IE, What Hospital Name and Location ( address if possible but most importantly city state the hospital is located.)

basically, there is more then likely your Phone number listed in the Google Maps version of the Hospital.  In order to make the change, we have to change it on that Hospital listing. Hence need the extra data to find that location.  It would also be helpful if you provide your Full Business Name, Address and Phone number so the Experts here can review your listings as well. 

So From you:

bare Minimum -  

Your Phone number (which gets the wrong calls)

Name and Address location of the Hospital people call for..

N/A
# 3
N/A

Thanks for the reply. The calls come from people all over the country, for numerous different hospitals, and the people usually aren't that patient as they're trying to find a family member at a hospital. As a result, most just hang up. It will take some work to log all the calls and get info on all the hospitals they're trying to reach.

We are:

Wellsoft Corporation (Wellsoft.com). Calls come into our 800# (800-597-9909) or local number 732-507-7200.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@

Are oyu aware the fact of a doctor at your address with then same number?

https://www.healthgrades.com/physician/dr-john-santmann-3xhct

More strange this below CIS is listing you as a source:

Clinical Information Systems - 24x7 Magazine

Feb 9, 2007 - Wellsoft v10 supports any individual hospital or enterprisewide architecture. Wellsoft also ... Wellsoft Corp, (800) 597-9909; www.wellsoft.com.

Means anybody looking fo r clinical information system will get the above results and clcking this results get both phone numberes shown up at 

The latter link is the core of your issue

Badged Google Partner
# 5
Badged Google Partner

from a basic search of the local numbers John Bryant Santmann, M.D.  sees to come up a lot ( he works at your office), I would then look to find out what Hospitals he works at ( or has in the past)  as an Emergency Physician to see who those hospitals are listed.

Re: Receiving calls from people looking for specific hospitals - we sell hospital software

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi 

This is an odd one @Eric Gehler did you find anything?

I could not find any business listing with the 800 number and only the wellsoft business listing associated with 732 number.

I then tried MapMaker and rather oddly when i use the 800 number, it tells me MapMaker is not available in Turkey ... gee thanks.

If the 800 number is associated with a SAB ( service area listing ) I wont be able to find it because they don't exist on plus.google searches or in mapmaker.

So I am at a loss as to where this number is appearing, apart from in articles associated with Emergency Department Software, but surely people can't be reading these articles to find a hospitals tel number?

However I did find this guy using your number and he is listed everywhere for Emergency Medicine in NJ

Dr. John Santmann  MD   Somerset  NJ   Emergency Medicine   Healthgrades.com.png

I wonder if people could be searching Him and Wellsoft page appears in KP. Without thinking / reading they call it ?

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Badged Google Partner
# 7
Badged Google Partner

Looks like @Helmut Geissler and @Tim Capper  and myself all came up with basically the same ideas as the local number as well as 800 number is being associated in search results with one of the doctors and the Business lists Emergency or Hospitals.

If you find a Hospital by name that people are calling out, then research that name with a simple Google Search,  If a result appears on the right hand side ( known as the Knowledge graph) then it is a Google My Business - Maps issue.

If not, it is based purely on the fact that other websites are publishing the phone numbers and Google Search is providing SERPS based upon individual search queries.  In order to remove those results, you would have to contact each website and request to change the information.   Google only provides data in results based on what appears on individual websites, and as such to remove that data from results, it has to be removed at the source ( ie those websites) and that would be your responsibility ( unfortunately). 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

@Eric Gehler & @Tim Capper

I'm convinced that any search of Google listing this  result 

Clinical Information Systems - 24x7 Magazine is causing the issue @ is complaining about.

My above link "Clinical Information Systems - 24x7 Magazine" defines the relationship between the both phone numbers and the  software company "Wellsoft Corp"

N/A
# 9
N/A

Thank you all for your replies. Yes, Dr. Santmann is our President, CEO and lead developer. He hasn't practiced medicine in 15+ years and never worked at any of the hospitals that folks are calling us about. I'll ask our employees to start making note of the hospitals that our callers are trying to reach. Then we can do the legwork. Again, on the last call I took, the caller said he "called Google" and got our number. I guessed that he used Android's version of Siri to ask for the number of the hospital he was looking to contact.

As a side note, I've wondered if these people are using Google to look for the number of a certain Emergency Room, see our AdWord for Emergency Room Software, and call the number.

Badged Google Partner
# 10
Badged Google Partner

aw ah..

"As a side note, I've wondered if these people are using Google to look for the number of a certain Emergency Room, see our AdWord for Emergency Room Software, and call the number."

In you adwords or even your analytics you can  look at the "Search Terms Report" to view the users actual search queries ( that can lead to hospitals etc that you might want to add to your "Negative Keyword List", to stop ads from showing where they shouldn't.

About Adwords Negative Keywords

https://support.google.com/adwords/answer/2453972?hl=en

I would also review or think about possible changing the number in your Call Extension, for a few days to also help identify the potential these issues.