My Business
3.8K members online now
3.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Receive New Review Notification but Disappears When Clicked On

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I've had this happen twice now in the past 2 months. I'll receive a new notification that a 5 star review has been written about our company and when I click on Respond Now, the notification disappears and is not able to be accessed again (even when I click on Previously Read notifications). Then, I'll check on Google and there will be no new 5 star review. The business is Cabinets.com and the profile is https://plus.google.com/b/116852128624674032953/+Kitchenresourcedirect/posts and I attached a few screenshots of the notifications that have disappeared along with their review. Has anyone has this happen to them?
Screen Shot 2016-01-26 at 4.18.45 PM.pngScreen Shot 2015-12-02 at 8.21.56 AM.png

1 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Receive New Review Notification but Disappears When Clicked On

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Katherine P

The following  is  guess only but it could be a valid explanation for what you noticed.

Googles review policy doesn't allow using links (and quoting stuff like URLs) inside a review.

Since your business page is unfortunately named as  "Cabinets.com"  it's very likely that any satisfied users like "Bill Grisham"  post reviews like "I ordered a total of 12 cabinets from them. I can very much  recommend Cabinets.com to other customers" -  or similar.

I can confirm even if I would post such a  review  to your business page it get filtered soon after posting it.

Please read  the review content guidelines and you will see my remark  about the forbidden lInks confirmed

Re: Receive New Review Notification but Disappears When Clicked On

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you very much Helmut, I hadn't thought of that before but I bet that's exactly what's happening. Thank you for that insight!