My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Rebranding and vanity URL advice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

HI,

I wanted to quickly ask some advice on a Google+ business brand page I support. My problem is as follows:

1. In the past 12 months a vanity URL has been set up
2. This brand has recently rebranded and the vanity URL can no longer contain any mention of that old brand

I therefore need to either:
1. Update this vanity URL again, which I hear isnt possible?
2. Transfer all followers to a new Google+ brand profile, which again I dont think is possible?

Therefore, does this brand need to simply start again and just delete this old profile?

I have the added complexity that there is YouTube account associated to this old Google+ profile. If I delete this old Google+ profile then I believe all video content will be lost also!

Any advice on the above out be a big help.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Rebranding and vanity URL advice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Michael, the custom URL of my business page as you wrote is set once. Anyway you can try to ask GMB support team for help by reaching them here https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639
I guess this is nothing new that companies change names and maybe it's a matter of contacting them.

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Rebranding and vanity URL advice

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Michael, the custom URL of my business page as you wrote is set once. Anyway you can try to ask GMB support team for help by reaching them here https://support.google.com/business/?hl=en#topic=4539639
I guess this is nothing new that companies change names and maybe it's a matter of contacting them.