My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Real Locksmith - not a call service - getting caught in the filters

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any tips for real word, licensed automotive locksmiths to avoid getting caught up the filters Google uses for the admittingly spammy locksmith category?

Immediately after creating a Google business page for a client, the page was suspended. I do manage several other locksmith companies - all good, real businesses!

Thanks.

Locksmith Express
2048 Valleydale Terrace
Hoover, AL 35244
(205) 444-5557

http://www.locksmithexpressal.com

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hmmm @Scott S

I have been wiling to take a closer look on the suspension of your client.

This are my findings:

According clients website its a licensed bsuiness (AESBL Insured #1621)

So I I searched the AESBL file for the license # 1621 and got it listed.

But to my surprise it was not listed for 

2048 Valleydale Terrace
Hoover, AL

but for an other address.

After finding this I thought I should not try to help you further.

Thanks for understanding.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My client, Locksmith Express, recently rented space in a commercial district - He'd previously used his home address (1481 Brocks Trace, Hoover Al 35244) which matches the license. He was concerned that using his home was an issue with Google. A few weeks ago, he sent Google rep copies of business license and state locksmith license.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Locksmith Express has been in business since summer of 2010.

Whois registration is public - locksmithexpressal.com

Locksmith Express is a well branded, real world firm. When a client calls, the owner Michael makes the service call - they are not a locksmith call service.

The previous Google Map / Local page had accurate info and 7 to 10 reviews. Several months ago the page was suspended. An appeal was made, photos of business, licenses and equipment was sent to the Google Rep. After initially receiving positive feedback, they felt it would be resolved in their favor, yet last week Google notified them the account would not be unsuspended.

Locksmith Express closed the previous account and asked me to try to create a new one. They are competitive with citations and backlinks, so I felt it wouldn't take them long to regain their position (4 to 6) in the maps display. 

I understand the locksmith category has a lot of spam behavior - trying to figure out how to insulate my real clients from spurious spam reports from scam competitors.

Re: Real Locksmith - not a call service - getting caught in the filters

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @Scott S

The home address wouldn't be an issue unless the listing didn't have the full address hidden (more info here if needed: Service-area businesses on Google). As Helmut alluded to, sources indicate the business is located at the home address, not the 2048 Valleydale Terrace address, which is the address of CarCare.

IF Michael is working from his home address then use that address on the listing, make sure it's set as a service-area business with the address hidden then submit a reinstatement request.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks - I'll update address on the Google Page and ask for a reinstatement. Once we get updated license info, we'll consider an address change.

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

ok @Scott S

wahtever oyu or your client do:

I can't help unless the official license information and the GMB information doesn't match.