My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Why was my review removed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Man....it happened to me in a matter of minute after leaving the HONEST review backed up by an audio recording of an attorney yelling at me for no good reason. I don't get it, if this whole review thing is a sham where do we turn now?
2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
I have no idea about what review for what business you are talking about.
Accepted by topic author Kenny H
November

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Did it include a link to the recording? If so that was the reason for the takedown.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Mike...sorry so long to see this response of yours.   Yes, it had a link to the recording (I figured it would be more credible if the world were to actually hear the manner of the attorney).    I'm grateful that you deduced that but skeptical about what the google censors see as acceptable (and then change the rules every other week).

thanks again

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Links have long been proscribed as noted here: https://support.google.com/business/answer/2622994?hl=en

Phone numbers, email addresses, or URLs: To help prevent advertising and spammy reviews, we don’t allow phone numbers, email addresses, or links to other websites in reviews. If you want to add an updated number, email address, or URL for the business you’re reviewing, use the Report a problem link to report that information instead.

There are number of other surefure ways to get a review removed that are noted as well. 

Does google have rules rules that they don’t state? Yes. 

But their goal is the same if not always achieved to allow legit reviews and prevent fake ones.