My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Re: New Google+ Update doesnt show our Reviews!?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
How can you prevent abusive reviews from being displayed. How can I manage that?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Anabela F:

you can't prevent from getting displayed any reviews  until Googlle consider them as violating their policy removing them

But you can flag such reveiws to Google.

In the very rare case they agree with you about the abusing nature of a certain review they will remove it.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
If anyone can leave a review, how can I flag them? Not too savvy in the field

[ Edited ]
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

If anyone can leave a review, how can I flag them? Not too savvy in the field

Hey @Anabela F!

I'll try to be as thorough as possible. To the best of my knowledge, there used to be two ways to resolve reviews. One was through Google Maps, the other was through the Google My Business dashboard (I would have to defer to @Mike Blumenthal on this as I'm not sure if it is still available).

To leave a review on Google Maps:

1. First you have to identify that you can use the "Flag" feature. Check the guidelines for reviews from Google first to identify if you have a potential candidate.

*Please remember, you cannot flag a review of a legitimate customer that has a complaint.

2. Go to Google Maps. Type in the name of your business in the "Search Google Maps" box in the top left corner (You can do this from Google Search as well).

3. When your business panel shows up. Click on the "Reviews" link that is right below your name in the panel.

4. Once the panel listing all of your reviews shows up, there is a flag symbol that is located underneath the name of the reviewer, next to the date. Click the flag next to the review you believe is violating policy.

5. You will be directed to the "Report a policy violation" page. Type in your e-mail address, click the violation type, and press "Submit".

I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any questions!

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Anabela F
November 2015

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
search for your business on Google or on GMaps and click on Google top right or on GMaps top left the link "7 reviews" (or what ever number of reviews you got displayed)

The next page will list you the reveiws and hovering with the mouse on a review you will see a little black flag appearig. Use it to flag the review in question

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Helmut you are super awesome, I am learning little by little. Still lots to learn. I had a signature link for google members to drop a review. That review no longer works. Is there a way I can find my new link? I really can't figure out how to read them if I am not logged in. My old link does not work any longer

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Yes, I do, I have asked the same to two other members, but I need to know soon. My old signature google+ review link no longerworks. Where do I find the new one in my google+ or business page+. They are usually very long, how is the short version found.

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor

@Anabela F

this nice page gives you and your customers a good approach to your reviews

Good luck

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
It is only free for the first month. I don't pay in google. Does not seem to be linked with google..