My Business
6.9K members online now
6.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Meet the AdWords Experts

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Maybe you can help.

Hi, every time I post a topic on a Google forum I get an email from a support member telling me it's the wrong place for this topic.

It looks like you could shed some light on my problem.

I have used Google ad words for about 8 years, it's been very good, Or has it?

Now when I use my phone or tablet to search my business I find that the unpaid Google map Businesses are the first thing your drawn to and with a "click to call" button it's what most people use.

I use a "Click to Call" button on my Ad Words Too.

Now the first 2 out of 3 Businesses on the maps when you search for "Man with a van Coventry" are not using Adwords

Also these Map adds do not rotate so the first Business A, B and C are all ways at the very top all unpaid for.

From my experience with Map businesses and Adword in the last 8 years I have paid for Adwords and I have been No1"A" on Google Business Maps too, I have now been demoted in the last 3 months, for some reason to 4th or 5th and do not come up on the Business map on a phone, Tablet or computer. This has seen a 60% decline in phone calls for my line work.

All this time I thought it was the Adwords that was bringing in the calls but it looks like it was the Map ads.

Before anyone says this is sour grapes on my behalf because I'm not at the top of Map ads any more, My colleague Who is also in Removals "man and van" is now top of Business maps and is getting Twice as many calls as he did 3 months back. We share are work between us, we used to say that I would get more of the work Calls and didn't know why. Now we Do.

Isn't it about time Google started charging for Businesses to be on Google Maps.

Or to rotate the maps so they're not a conflict of interest with Adwords.

1,Man with a van Coventry Moovit,
2,16 Coundon Green,
4, Not to sure where I find this, Sorry.