My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Google Business not showing up on search

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

I have made a listing for STAWELL AUTOMOTIVE on google my business.  I have a few problems:

Firstly when I put in Stawell Automotive, my business doesn't come up on the left hand side like all the other local businesses. It comes up in the search about 5th down the line when you click on show other businesses. One example of a local business that comes up is Stawell Autopro, why isn't ours coming up like this? I have verified my account with google and have put in the verification code and it has given my all the ticks and says it is published. I think I have figured out what one of the problems is, I have created our business as a brand and not a local business, but how do I change this and is this the problem? Sorry I feel dumb and frustrated, would appreciate the help. Thank you very much

My website is https://www.facebook.com/Stawell-Automotive-205249459952673/

Business Name: Stawell Automotive

Business Address: 16-22 Gilchrist Road, STAWELL, VIC, 3380

Telephone Number:  5358 5535

Not sure what the Google Maps URL is

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Google Business not showing up on search

Rising Star
# 2
Rising Star

The map icon only shows for a local business that is available for customers to visit. Which it certainly fits you, so log in and change the categorization.  By the way nice PR article you got done. Is there usually someone there the hours you are open. If so you should qualify for the change. If you did the brand page phone verification you will need to do the postcard verification. The 16-22 address is hard. Do you have a separate mailbox? The use of a PO Box will not be accepted.

David W Cox, Google My Business Rising Star
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
Find me on: Google+ | Facebook |