My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Change Sunday Hours to "Appointment Only" ?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Clearly these "experts" do not own a business, have never owned a business, and never will own a business. AND don't even deal with clients day-to-day who are calling you from a Google search.
2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Cindy S

I cant speak for the other TC's but I have owned over the past years : 2 x restaurants ( 1 award winning ), boutique 20 bed hotel, a catering employment agency ( still do ) and now own and operate on online marketing company.

So the situation is this, you happily use a Google product that is free to use, but you are not happy that Google has terms of services associated with that free product.

Until such time as Google changes their TOS, then these are your options:

• Clearly mark in your business description and website that you are Appointment Only
  • Change your business setting to, I serve customers at their location" this will then hide your address.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
This is not entirely accurate. I have been trying to change my address to "I serve customers at their location" only to get a postcard being sent to my business name, in my town, state and zip code for verification. Hmmm seems to me the postcard won't get to me without my street address....since this is the second time I've tried it. They need to have a way to communicate with them.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Also, something must have changed because I can not change my hours of operation to "by appointment" I can only have actual hours. I listed "by appointment" in my business description.

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

Hi @A SUNDIAL C

Even if you list as SAB, you still have to add the full address for the postcard to get to you. When verified the full address is hidden, but you still have to have the address listed in the admin address section

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @A SUNDIAL C

Nothing has changed. There never was an option to select by Appointment.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Tim. I went ahead and tried without an address (I figured it wouldn't hurt)..and I got the postcard today and confirmed. I don't know what SAB is though. Also for some reason my business is not showing up on Google in any of the areas I've listed except my own tiny little town less than 1 mile from one of the bigger towns I've listed. Do you have any ideas about that?

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @A SUNDIAL C

SAB is services area business ( i serve customers at their location )

You are probably visible but much further down the list. This is because Google will mainly show your page for the area you are actually based in.  Anything over 40 mile radius is a waste of time.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Having an "By Appointment Only" or "not open to the public" option is a necessity. They really need to find a way to implement it.

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @Phil J

I understand your need, but Google's guidelines that you accepted when creating your business page are very clear.

If customers cannot make in person contact with the business during stated hours, then you should possible not have chosen to use this free tool. Or select it as a serviced location and it will hide your address.