AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Re: Cannot Add Manager to Google+ Page

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya!

I have a similar problem as Ryan, only with My Business page - I was invited to become a manager but have never received the email. When I follow a direct link to the business listing I see a suggestion to create my own place and see no option of accepting any invitation, unfortunately. What do we do?

Thank you so much in advance,
Julia
2 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Julia,

I've just moved your post to its own thread to make life a little easier in responding to your question.

So a couple of questions at my end first:
1. Under settings in your personal Google+ profile have you got at least the top item here ticked?

Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 9.09.36 PM.png

If you have, then check your spam folders for the invitation - it may have gotten lost there. If you did not have that box checked, then check it now and request that the invitation be sent again.

2. If you are still not getting the invitation, then log into Google+ as the profile that was invited, and select classic Google+ (bottom left of the screen). Then search for your business and go to that page. This should bring up a banner inviting you to be a manager. If you don't see this banner then you're not logged in as the account that was invited.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

View solution in original post

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Julia,

I've just moved your post to its own thread to make life a little easier in responding to your question.

So a couple of questions at my end first:
1. Under settings in your personal Google+ profile have you got at least the top item here ticked?

Screen Shot 2016-03-17 at 9.09.36 PM.png

If you have, then check your spam folders for the invitation - it may have gotten lost there. If you did not have that box checked, then check it now and request that the invitation be sent again.

2. If you are still not getting the invitation, then log into Google+ as the profile that was invited, and select classic Google+ (bottom left of the screen). Then search for your business and go to that page. This should bring up a banner inviting you to be a manager. If you don't see this banner then you're not logged in as the account that was invited.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Julia,

Agreed with Priya. Sometimes manager invitation comes in "Social" tab of the Gmail. So always check the social tab also for manager access.

Community Manager
# 4
Community Manager
This older "Solved" thread has been closed to new replies. 

Should anyone have a new or unanswered question related to this topic, please start a new thread and post a clear, specific and detailed question that describes your particular situation.

This will improve the visibility of any new questions as well as help other forum members to understand your question fully, and answer it in a useful and effective way

To start a new thread, please go to the top level of the Google My Business Community, and from there, click on the board that is most closely related to your question. After that, you can click on the pink "+" sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

When you post, please be sure to include the following information as well:

1. Full business name 

2. Current business address 

3. Current business telephone number 

4. Google+ URL 

Thank you.