My Business
2.3K members online now
2.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Random address keeps showing up instead of the one I edit it to

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When the google my business listing was created, the wrong zip code was entered. I suggested an edit to the zip code, and it accepted but completely changed the address too. I keep trying to edit it, both on my google my business manager and just by suggesting edits and it keeps saying my edits were accepted but stays the random address. What is causing this? How can I fix this? 

The business is Kubex Fitness - Logan.

The original wrong address was 920 N 200 W Logan, UT 84341

The correct address I enter is 920 N 200 W, Logan, UT 84321

The address it keeps changing it to is N 200 W N 200 W, Logan, UT 84321

The current telephone number is (435) 753-9595, the maps url is https://www.google.com/maps/place/KUBEX+Fitness+-+Logan/@41.748765,-111.838695,15z/data=!4m5!3m4!1s0... (the marker is in the correct location but the address is wrong), and the website is kubexfitness.com 

This is a client's business, and they were the ones who originally set up the GMB listing, but I am now a manager of the GMB and I should be able to fix these things, right? What is going wrong? 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Random address keeps showing up instead of the one I edit it to

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I think we've fixed the ZIP on this listing. Please take a look and verify: 

https://goo.gl/maps/BygRwxhYFCJ2

This was done through community edits.

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Re: Random address keeps showing up instead of the one I edit it to

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

It is correct now, thank you! Do you have any idea why it wasn't working? Or was it just a weird fluke? 

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It is hard to say. When I look at the address history, I see the address 'changed', technically, Google didn't think it was wrong in the first place (see screenshot of the email from Google). With the address change I also slighty moved the marker, which caused the system to "see" the change it push it through to the DB that serves the address. Probably. Google systems can act funny sometimes, and looks like this listing was caught in a funny state. 

Address change without a changeAddress change without a change

Joel Headley, Google My Business Top Contributor
Find me on: Twitter

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Good to know! Thank you so much for all of your help!!!