AdWords is now Google Ads. Our new name reflects the full range of advertising options we offer across Search, Display, YouTube, and more. Learn more

My Business
1.8K members online now
1.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Question about GEO-specific ranking results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi,

I'm not sure if this is the right forum to ask my question but i haven't found more suitable one. So i'll ask here. We are building an in-house software that will track ranking of our clients' sites. Most of the clients are local businesses (plumbers, restraints, retail stores,etc).

My question is, how can we accurately check GEO-targeted rankings of our clients sites? I mean specifically rankings on the maps (not the organic results). I know there are few methods to do that but after deeper reasearch i realized that they are not reliable and not efficient.

Can anyone point me to the right direction on how to do that?

Thanks in advance!

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi,

This question seems odd in the fact that you state you are building a software system to do this... and then ask us how to do it. And you state rankings... but what rankings (Reviews?/look at their Google Maps listing, SEO Score?/many variables, Google Page Rank?/obsolete).

Your question would be best served to a software engineer, not this help community since we are not building a software program.

All the Best,

James

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

James, thank you for trying to help! James, what is odd in my question? I'm building a software with a purpose to check the local ranking of "specifically rankings on the maps (not the organic results)" (as I stated in my original question). In other words, to track the position of their maps listing. I know that there are a lot of software on the market that do that. However, few provide accurate results. This is why I came directly to this forum to ask right directions.

Thanks