My Business
5.6K members online now
5.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Published Data different from what submitted via GMB API

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

we're using the GMB api to handle a lot of locations divided in multiple accounts.

We're having a problem with a few locations, where the data published in the online GMB profile and maps result (place details) is different from the one we submitted in the GMB account.

For example, we sent as address: "Königsallee 1-9", the update response contains "Königsallee 1-9", the GMB web interface shows "Königsallee 1-9", but both the Google Plus Page and the maps result show "Königsallee 1".

The diffmaks shows that the address is NOT one of the fields that are "googleUpdated".

In another case, the locality is completely missing. Same as before, sent via Api, returned via API, but not shown in plus profile and maps result.

Does anyone have similar experiences?

Is there something I'm missing about how data is treated before being published online?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Published Data different from what submitted via GMB API

Google Employee
# 2
Google Employee

Hi @Alex P,

Your changes to the business information may be reviewed for quality before being published and may take up to 3 days to appear. Learn more about business information guidelines

Your questions are more relevant to the Basics for Business Owners board, and therefore I’m moving this topic there.

Thanks,

Terry

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Terry,

thanks for the prompt reply, but I don't think it applies to my case.

If the edit was pending a review, I'm supposed to see a banner displaying it in my dashboard, that says it may take up to 3 days... so in this case the bug is that the banner is missing.

If the edit was not accepted, and there was a google updated information, I should see the status reporting that, and the option to accept the google updated value.

If the edit was accepted, it should just be live.

So either way something else is missing.

I'm attaching the screenshots of the example.

Cheers,

Alex.

maps resultmaps resultplus profileplus profileGMB profileGMB profile

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Terry,

are there any updates on this issue?

It is not limited to this locations and we are receiving complaints about this..

Thanks.

Alex.

Published Data different from what submitted via GMB API

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Still haven't got a reasonable explanation for this...

Google Employee
# 6
Google Employee

Hi @Alex P,

I suggest you repost your questions on the Basics for Business Owners board for help. Again, your questions are not related to API issues and you should rephrase them for data discrepancies between your business listings and the business information on Google. You can also fix and report incorrect business information on Google.

Thanks,

Terry