My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Proper Catagory for a "Private Nurse" in Google My Business

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

I am setting up a Google My Business page for an independent "Private Duty Nurse". I can't seem to get the "Category" section of the page to accept that. Closest I could find is "Home Health Care Service" . This, however, does not seem like a good fit since it covers much more than the service being offered, in fact, it could have adverse legal issues. 

Can anyone suggest a better fit?

https://plus.google.com/b/106298767181433706743/106298767181433706743/about?gmbpt=true&pageId=106298...

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Proper Catagory for a "Private Nurse" in Google My Business

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Ed

Unfortunately Google no longer allows for custom business categories, so pick the one that fits closest to what you do without getting you into legal trouble.
The category is a suggestion to google, and if you have other profiles online that offer more details about what you do, Google will take that into account as part of when it selects your business to display.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Proper Catagory for a "Private Nurse" in Google My Business

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Ed B!

Within the last few weeks, Google added "Registered General Nurse" as a category.  Would this be a better fit?

Emy