My Business
6.3K members online now
6.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Profile Picture - Google My Business - Search Results

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey,

I would like to change the first image that appears in Google Search. It is the company's ground floor, which is dedicated to lunch customers. The downstairs image does not reflect the look of our company at all. Is it possible to change it? I have forwarded your feedback and reported the incorrect figure, but it has not disappeared.

We would be eager to advertise our business through AdWords, but that first image is currently a constraint.

Thanks in advance!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I have the same basic question. I'm being prompted to add a profile picture; however, Im not seeing a way to make one of my photos a profile picture. 

Any help would be greatly appreciated 

thanks

Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Collaborator ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi

Google crowd source data. You can only try to promote the image you want to appear.

Photos
https://support.google.com/business/answer/6103862?hl=en

I tried to reply to a few different topics with some info on the Business Posts image sizes. It would appear the aspect ratio of the crop tool for google has an aspect ratio of: 118 : 89. on an image sized at, 1323 x 744px  making the final size, 590px x 445.

http://localu.org/blog/your-google-my-business-profile-image-your-most-important-image/

Use a location enabled camera or mark the picture up with its location.
Post the GMB image of choice to the contact page of your website,
other web directory and social sites, posting as appropriate over time.
Post your website contact page with preferred GMB image on to encourage sharing of the image.

Google+ Brand images can be the source

My best advice. Andrew