My Business
3.3K members online now
3.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Problems with business address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Google My Business currently shows an incorrect address for my business. (It didn't get that address from me or from any public records. It is simply wrong.) It shows a photo for that location, too, which is also wrong.

My business headquarters, a consultancy, is in my home. I do not conduct business at my home and I do not want my home to show up in a photo for my business. I also do not want my address, other than the city and state, to appear on Google My Business.

What can I do? I don't want to leave the incorrect and deceptive information that's currently in place, but I also don't want to show my home.

Thank you in advance.

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problems with business address

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Mark C,

I'm sorry to hear about this frustrating situation. I would recommend setting up your business as a service area business per the information in this article. This would hide your address from the public. Next, you can add photos to your listing and set one as the preferred photo in order to try and override the incorrect photo that is showing up. Alternatively, you could report the incorrect photo via the search interface. 

Good luck, and let me know if you have any questions.

Best,

Liz

GMB Community Manager