My Business
1.7K members online now
1.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Problems with Google+ and Google Console

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I have open a Google+ page for my business but my posts seem to get ZERO reach, is that normal? What can I do about it?

Also, my Google console tells me that I don't have visits to my website but the normal google analytics says that I have a lot??

Finally, I registered my Google+ company page using my personal gmail while Google Analytics using another gmail account that i created years ago for my company before i had my company account (don't ask me why, i didn't realise i did it!), is that a problem? if so how do i fix it?

Thank you!!

1. Full business name: KnowThyBrand
2. Current business address: UK, London
3. Current telephone number: 07400832952
4. Google+ URL: +knowthybrand

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problems with Google+ and Google Console

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @KnowThy B

Google search console does not mirror analytics.

Analytics is what is on your site.

Search Console is what is in search results ( and only partial data )

Next I would also make sure that you have the correct domain in search console eg:

If analytics is tracking www.mysite then this should also be the domain in search console.

Google+ posts are obviously within G+ itself. Like any social platform, if you post and forget, then engagement will be little to nothing.

Having your business page on one account and analytics on another is not a problem, ideally they would be on the same account.

You can always add the analytics account as manager in business page dashboard, then wait 24hrs and then transfer ownership across.

Its not a deal breaker, but would make sense to have on 1 account.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Tim,

Thank you for your fast and clear response. It all makes sense apart from G+. I am quite familiar with social media but I'm just starting with g+. The thing is that I have been posting there pretty much every day for the past 3 weeks. I have been following other accounts and liked and shared other people's posts. That's what I usually do in FB and Twitter. In those platforms even if a post doesn't get much interaction it still gets seen by at least a few people. That all of my posts on g+ posts get zero views seems strange, or maybe g+ works differently?

Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @KnowThy B

G+ is a little different as a social platform to Twit and Fb, you just need to get a handle on how people that use G+ interact and engage. Your audience may not even be prevalent on G+.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership