My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Problems posting on Google +

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1- SIGNATURE GAY MASSAGE LONDON

2- 32 WELLINGTON STREET FLAT 5 WC2E 7BD, LONDON

3- +44 7931505809

4- https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Signature+Gay+Massage+London/@51.5123449,-0.120682,10z/data=!4m2...

5- http://www.signaturegaymassage.com

Hey guys, I was speaking with the help team of Google Plus and they asked me to contact you here because my BRAND ACCOUNT of Google + is not posting anymore always come a message telling me that was something went wrong and is not possible to post. They couldnt find the problem so they asked me to contact you to see if there is any restriction to my BRAND PAGE .

Looking forward to ear back from you,

Marcello

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problems posting on Google +

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Signature G

This is business page support and Brand pages are part of G+

Try the G+ community:

https://plus.google.com/communities/115758385206378551362

However I can see your post from 1 day ago on Brand page

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey I contacted the Google Plus team but they asked me to contact the Google Business Team because they didnt know if there is any restriction or not on my Google Plus Brand Page..

About the posting you saw from 1-2 days ago it is not on my Brand account but on my default account...

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Tim Capper  

The actual page with an issue here is a 'locally verified business' page, and not actually brand page:  https://plus.google.com/+Signaturegaymassage  

(some google created confusions by calling everything a brand page under brand accounts) 

The reason I sent the poster here was due to restrictions on the page, and being unclear if google permit listings for the services being offered, or would impose automatic restrictions. 

I'm currently trying to work on the issue of being unable to post to G+ with the user, though considered it worth asking if google could have imposed restrictions on the local page. 

You can find the G+ support post, if it would be of interest here:  
https://plus.google.com/111386771598151552164/posts/PNP2a6sVqH1 

which was posted by the users 'personal profile'.

rgds,

Rupert

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Further information. The listing is showing as 'restricted' to me, yet the user has not set up any audience restrictions. Could this be google enforcing restrictions on the page, or that it may be in violation of google terms due to 'services' offered and in a partially suspended state? User states no notices or warnings when managing the listing via Google My Business. 

Re: Problems posting on Google +

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hi @Rupert W and @Signature G

I would agree that this is probably due to Age restriction not being set.

Having said that I would also take note that even with age restrictions added a business page still needs to abide by content guidelines. So I would probably look at some of the Images used and the posts.

Adult Content

Google restricts the promotion of the following types of adult-oriented content:
  • offline adult entertainment
  • adult merchandise
  • dating services
  • international bride services
  • sexually suggestive content
  • images containing exposed skin and nudity

When promoting adult-oriented content, you may not do any of the following:

• violate applicable laws or regulations for any location that your campaign targets
  • target minors
  • promote sexually explicit content
  • promote content with underage or non-consensual sexual themes
  • promote e s cort services or other services that may be interpreted as providing sexual acts in exchange for compensation

Examples of restricted adult content: strip clubs, erotic cinemas, sex toys, adult magazines, sexual enhancement products, matchmaking sites, models in sexualised poses

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Follower ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Follower ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey @Tim Capper Just updating that the behaviour here has been escalated as a bug, Google appear to be imposing a restrictions on 'certain' profiles that made them unable to post until they remedied it by setting a self-imposed audience restriction of 18+. Expected behaviour should be including advice that an audience restriction is required/imposed when necessary. 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Thanks @Rupert W