My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Problem w a Fake profile w fake info is hurting my business !!!

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello community ,  I am encountering this situation :

Someone that used to work for my business registrered the google business page of my business without authorization with a phone number that does not belong anymore to my business .

Here are my questions, whats faster and better :

- Reporting and claiming the ownership of that business ?

- Trying to change the phone number and web page on that business ?

- Just opening a new registration of the business with the real information ? .... in case I do this how can I remove the other "fake" business from google that is stealing positionting to my Real business ?

I wll also appreciate any advise on how to add to my new business page to gain a good positioning on google fast ?

The business name is : Salon Social

Adress : 8246 Beverly Blvd, Los Angeles , CA 90048 

Phone: 310-925-3111

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem w a Fake profile w fake info is hurting my business !!!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Salon s

Is this the page you want to get control of? https://www.google.com.au/maps/place/Salon+Social/@34.075832,-118.369631,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0x7...

If so, then the best way to do that is follow the process outlined in this help article: https://support.google.com/business/answer/4566671?hl=en

It will take between 7 - 14 days for the ownership transfer process to occur, but this is definitely a better option than setting up a new page (which is probably be seen as a duplicate by Google) or trying to change the phone number via Maps. Regaining ownership will allow you to update photos, opening hours, address details and respond to reviews - so all in all, a much better option.

Regarding your last question - this is Google's take on how to position your local business in search: https://support.google.com/business/bin/answer.py?hl=en&answer=7091

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hello PriyaC , thank you so much for your soon answer .
Yes, thats the page I want to get control of.
We already contacted the ex employee who opened the google business page and the person is not willing to talk to us and do it.
There is the number 6 section that says :
6- You’ll be asked to answer some questions about your business. We’ll send the current owner an email asking them to get in touch with you. If you don’t hear back in a week, contact us. ......
What google does after unsuccessfully trying step 6 ? or based in your experience what would be the next step solution for us ?

I HAVE this question too :
** Each page can only have one owner, but the owner can invite up to 50 managers or communication managers to help them manage the business information ------- ALL OF THE OWNERS AUTHORIZED CAN MANAGE ANY INFO OF THE PROFILE RIGHT ?

I deeply appreciate your time in helping me solve this matter :)
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
May 2016

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Salon,

Have you commenced the process of requesting admin rights? If not, then I recommend doing that - if you do not get successful transfer after a week then you will need to contact GMB support. During the process they will provide you with the appropriate case numbers and contact details.

Regarding your second question, if you look at this article https://support.google.com/business/answer/4573962?hl=en you'll see a summary of what each owner / manager can do.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
I completely agree. I have no idea who set up this fake business for me. I want nothing to do with this.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

@Cristina K

I have no idea to what you agree to as you mentioned a business we don't know any details aboout.

And you should please start your own thread.
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.