My Business
4.3K members online now
4.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Problem adding manager/owner on Google My Business. "Try again later"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When trying to invite ANY manager to google My business page, red bar pops up with "There was a problem completing this action. Please try again." I have tried with multiple accounts over multiple days, all email addresses I am using are existing google + accounts...

Am I being daft?

Google My Business makes me feel computer illiterate.

Business name: The Surveillance Factory

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Problem adding manager/owner on Google My Business. "Try again later"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Gina-Rae P

So i have gone into one of my business pages.

Managers.png

And I just cant replicate, no matter what crazy email address I add

Managers2.png

I tried adding incorrect email addresses, broken and invalid details, but all i managed to get was an orange bar, asking me to invite a manager.

And tried to replicate your error, I added dud emails, broken email addresses and all i got was

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
it looks like my pages (I manage multiple companies) have been deemed spam, which might be stopping my adding managers.

This is super lame, though, because our city does not have reliable post, and I need to verify our physical address to become not spam. These are legitimate companies. This is very frustrating.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Gina-Rae P

Only owners can add managers.

If you are not the business owner, you should not be listed as owner, rather manager.

This is the correct way to manage clients accounts, it also prevents all your clients accounts being suspended if one client does something naughty.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Not all of the accounts are suspended, though. My clients do not have google + accounts so I'm not sure how not to be the owner.... and how would I make someone else an owner if I can't even add a manager? Do I have to recreate the accounts from scratch?