My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Problem Claiming Custom URL for Company Branded G+ Account - It's asking me to set up a profile?!

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I'm trying to claim one of the suggested custom URL's for a company Google+ branded account.  However when I click on the link, I'm being asked to set up a profile, even though it's a branded account for a business.  It's requesting first/last name, DoB, etc, which are all irrelevant for a business (see image below).  I'm accessing it through Chrome.  I'm at an absolute loss.  I've searched forums, articles, Google help pages, and I can't find any way to resolve this.  Has this happened to anyone else and how did you resolve it?

Google Co Url.jpg

1 Expert replyverified_user

Problem Claiming Custom URL for Company Branded G+ Account - It's asking me to set up a profile?!

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Fionnuala C

since the divorcing GoogleMyBusiness & G+ we can't help you anymore about custom URLs for G+ brand pages.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Helmut,

Thank you very much for getting back to me!  May I ask, what do you mean by the divorcing of GoogleMyBusiness & G+?

Thanks,

Fionnuala.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

GoogleMyBusiness and G+ are now different products and not anymore connected (as it was the case until about 5 month ago where both products have been managed in the same dashbaord.

Now G+ exilated from our GoogleMyBsuiness dashboards

I am supposing you have been  asking about the feature of a custom URL for a G+ page.