My Business
5.4K members online now
5.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Privacy: Google Maps mobile shows private address of "service area"

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

There is a local taxi company in my town that doesn't appear on Google Maps or Google My Business as they don't want their address published as they have been subject to threats from people unhappy at them setting up.

I have said to them that their address doesn't have to appear on Maps as they can set themselves up as an SAB and then not tick "I serve customers at my business address" (which is true, as in order to book you have to ring up and book in advance).  However, based on looking at my own SAB, a search on Maps will still place the marker at the address verification is sent to and directions will then take you to outside my house.

Is it possible to have the marker placed in the middle of the town to avoid this?

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Tony M
November 2015

Re: Privacy: Google Maps mobile shows private address of "service

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Tony M

Yes it's possible.

Simplemente by  not specifying a radius defined service area but an area specified by a list of ZIP or towns around the town of the taxi business owner 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thank you Helmut. Does this work on a superset of postcodes? We have postcodes in the UK that cover on average 15 houses, so it would be easier to add NN13 (for example) to cover the Brackley area rather than every single NN13 axx combination.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Tony M

Just give it a try 

You should see the defined service area on your dashboard

You also can use counties (I at least in Germany can select "counties" beside of names of cities, towns or postcodes  to specifiy a service area)

Community Manager
# 5
Community Manager
Hi Tony,

Helmut asked me to pop into this thread and let you know that our teams are investigating this issue. I can see that it's been going on for quite awhile now. Thanks so much for your patience as we investigate! We will update you when we hear further from the team, but at present, I don't have an expected turn around time for you.

Thanks again for your patience in bearing with us while we try to find a solid answer for you!

Best,
Liz

Privacy: Google Maps mobile shows private address of "service area"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Any updates on this matter?

I'm having the same issue on my "Adwords Express Ad" showing my home address on "Google Maps" with a directions button on my ad.

I have tried using "Counties" instead of a "Mile Radius"

Thanks..