My Business
2.9K members online now
2.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Preventing my business from appearing on Google Maps

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

I'm sure this is an issue that has been encountered by many people operating small businesses from home, so if anyone can direct me to an already "solved" case or a better place to ask this question, please do.

Basically, my issue is that I operate my business from home and since, when I registered with AdWords years ago, I used my home address it appears on Google Maps, therefore making my home address a little too public.  Obviously, this was a mistake on my part at the time, but I'd like to know if there is any way to remove my business listing (and therefore my home listing) from Google Maps.  I recently had someone just show up at my door unannounced and it was rather disconcerting (my business is not a shop or one that has walk-in customers).

My business is still operational so I don't want to mark it "closed" and I don't want to remove it entirely from the AdWords landscape...I just don't want strangers to be able to find me on a map so easily.

Any advice is appreciated.

Thank you,

K

2 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi there;

Is this an AdWords issue? Or Google my business - business location issue?

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi, 

To be honest, I'm not sure. I think I added the address years ago when I was running AdWords. I no longer use AdWords and would like the address not to appear on maps. Is that a Google my business issue?

Thanks!

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

It sounds as a Google my business issue. I'm moving this thread to the relevant category

Moshe, AdWords Top Contributor , Twitter | Linkedin | Community Profile | Ad-Globe
Did you find any helpful responses or answers to your query? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer’

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor

@bottomless cup m

It's indeed a GoogleMyBusiness matter.

And GoogleMyBusiness provides the solution:  Change your listing to a "ServiceAreaBusines" with hidden address