My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Postcard Hasn't Arrived and Google Shows Business in the Wrong Location.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

1. Full business name - Casa Bougainvillea

2. Current business address - Campillo 172, Camino Vera, Lorca, 30813, Spain

3. Current business telephone number - 0034617987032

I'm trying to register a business in rural Spain, but the postcard with a verification has yet to arrive.Could this be because mail is not delivered to the address, but a postbox a couple of streets away? This box is regularly checked.

Another problem is that Google Maps won't show the true location of the business. I think this may be because the postal code probably covers a fairly large rural area. Is there any way I can remedy this?

Thanks

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Postcard Hasn't Arrived and Google Shows Business in the Wrong Location.

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Mark S

You need to use your full physical address and not PO Box.

When the postcard has not arrived after 14 days you can contact support, to help verify the business.

https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Articles/I-Don-t-Receive-Post-at-my-Business-Address-How-t...

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Re: Postcard Hasn't Arrived and Google Shows Business in the Wrong Location.

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks for the answer Tim. The address is a full physical address, not a PO box. Because the property density is so low in rural parts of Spain, maybe twenty or so properties have their post boxes at the end of a road and you collect from there. Much as in cities every flat/apartment has a locked box in the foyer of the block into which mail is put, rather than it being delivered to each individual flat/apartment.

I wondered if Google maybe had an arrangement with postal services to only deliver verification postcards to the building the address relates to in order to prevent them falling into the wrong hands.

Mark