My Business
3.4K members online now
3.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Possible to replace location photo?

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 1
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi everyone,

I'm wondering if it is possible to replace the location photo shown on the right hand side of Google search for your My Business listing?

Would it be possible to replace it with a logo for example or any image you may wish?

We don't really want the location image to show.

Thanks for any help!

:)

Laura

Possible to replace location photo?

Participant ✭ ☆ ☆
# 2
Participant ✭ ☆ ☆

Hello @Laura B

There are several types of photos you should add to your business listing:

• Preferred photo - Recommend the photo that you want your customers to see alongside your business name on Google Maps and Search. Google determines which photo will be shown first using a number of factors, like how well the photo represents the services or products the business offers. Pictures of food at a restaurant, for example, tend to rate well. Although your first photo preference is taken into account, there’s no guarantee that your preferred photo will be the first photo on Google.

To change your preferred photo, choose the three dot menu icon and choose Profile or Cover.

• Profile photo - Add a profile photo to help your customers recognize your business on Google. Your profile photo will be featured next to your business name on your Google+ page. It should be a different photo from your business logo, which should be added in the "Logo" section.
  • Logo - Add your logo to help customers identify your business. Square-sized logos display best on Google.
  • Cover photo - Add a cover photo to showcase your page’s personality. Your cover photo is the large photo featured at the top of your Google+ page. Note that this photo will be cropped to fit a 16:9 aspect ratio.
  • Additional photos - Add different kinds of photos to spotlight features of your business that customers consider when making purchasing decisions. You can add different kinds of photos depending on the kind of business you manage. Learn more