My Business
1.6K members online now
1.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Possible Verification/Ad scam

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Clark & Company Complete Landscape Maintenance

624 Curtis Corner Road

(401) 871-9968

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Clark+%26+Company+Complete+Landscape+Maintenance,+624+Curtis+Corne...

Hello,

I've been getting some calls about verifying my business on google, I have already done so and believe this may be a scam. The caller claims to be based out of New Jersey but when they call they are using a local area code. They've promised to bump up my listing on google so that I am one of the first businesses to show up when someone is searching for the services I offer. I declined this service as I believe it to be a scam, I'm curious if anyone else has received calls like this also, they even told me that my business has not yet been verifyied on google. The name of the business was "Web Presence Expert Team" and they've claimed to be a partner with google. The number they called from was (401) 336-2642. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Possible Verification/Ad scam

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Sarah

This definitely sounds like a scam. Google will never promise to move you up rankings.

Phone calls from Google

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog