My Business
6.6K members online now
6.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Policy on "Raffles for Reviews"

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi!  I work for a third party vendor for apartment communities.  We are looking at supporting their online presence and someone wants to incentivize reviews by hosting raffles for residents that review the property.  We have both looked at Googles policies and I see that as clearly against standards but they don't since we aren't directly rewarding each resident.  Can anyone help clear this up for me?

1 Expert replyverified_user

Policy on "Raffles for Reviews"

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

this is my personal opinion:

The reviewing policy (under conflict of interests) clearly states 

"Don’t offer or accept money, products, or services to write reviews for a business or to write negative reviews about a competitor." 

I refer to the "Don’t offer" - remark.

As long as you don't offer raffles for reveiws you should be fine.

Re: Policy on "Raffles for Reviews"

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 3
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆

Hi @Joseph D

Since offering an incentive in exchange for a review violates Google's review policy, I would suggest a different angle to help increase reviews from your client's residents.

A customer feedback program has worked well for my client's business to improve their service and increase customer reviews on their Google business listing.

Here's a very high-level outline of what it would look like for your client:

1. Send residents a personalized email asking them to take a 2-minute feedback survey. 
  2. Once a resident is in the survey, ask them to rate your client's apartment community on a scale from 0-10: "How likely is it that you would recommend our apartment community to your friends or family?" (More on using the NPS question to increase customer reviews)
  3. When the resident rates your client's business, they are identifying themselves as happy, indifferent, or unhappy residents.
  4. Invite your client's happy residents to leave a review and resolve any issues that went wrong with unhappy and indifferent residents.

Key Takeaway

Listen to your customers.

This strategy is more about listening to customer feedback and following up appropriately to improve future service. Positive customer reviews will naturally come when service delivery is continually improved.

Warning

Not acknowledging or following up with customers who voiced their feedback is a sure way to lose their trust.

I hope you've found this strategy useful and look forward to any comments, questions from everyone.