My Business
2.1K members online now
2.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border
Highlighted

Pictures not posting on my business listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I posted pictures to my business listing about two weeks ago, and they have still yet to show up on our listing. The only pictures that show up are old ones that were uploaded by customers, which is fine we don't need to delete those we just want our uploaded pictures, and logo on display. I understand they needed to go through approval first, but does it really take that long? Is there something else I'm doing wrong? 

1. Visioneering 
2. 2055 Taylor Rd Auburn Hills MI 48326 
3. 248-622-5600
4. Google Maps URL 
5. www.vistool.com 

google.jpggoogleresult1.jpg

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jacob R
2w

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jacob, 

Unfortunately, Google uses images provided by Businesses only as one of many signals to determine the “best” image to show in its algorithm’s opinion.

Here is what the relevant help page has to say about it: 

Adding a cover photo automatically sets it as your listing’s preferred photo. This action doesn’t guarantee it populates as the first image for your business, but it does tell Google that you prefer to display this photo.

I recommend you follow the best practices for images outlined on the page I linked above, and add perhaps add more pictures, so Google has a better chance of picking an image uploaded by you. 

If you feel like images that were uploaded by users violate Google's guidelines or are of a poor quality you can report them as such. 

If you continue experiencing the issue, you can contact Google My Business Support and ask them to assist you. They don't have to remove photos that do not violate their policy but sometimes they can help. 

View solution in original post

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi @Jacob R - I see your images (uploaded in May 2018) once I click photos. Are you trying to get them to show up first? If so, then that can difficult as Google will pick an image to display.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

When I search for my business on google, I only see the customer uploads, and 1 of the 6 photos I have uploaded. I am trying to at least to get my cover page and profile images to show up

Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by topic author Jacob R
2w

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 4
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆

Hi Jacob, 

Unfortunately, Google uses images provided by Businesses only as one of many signals to determine the “best” image to show in its algorithm’s opinion.

Here is what the relevant help page has to say about it: 

Adding a cover photo automatically sets it as your listing’s preferred photo. This action doesn’t guarantee it populates as the first image for your business, but it does tell Google that you prefer to display this photo.

I recommend you follow the best practices for images outlined on the page I linked above, and add perhaps add more pictures, so Google has a better chance of picking an image uploaded by you. 

If you feel like images that were uploaded by users violate Google's guidelines or are of a poor quality you can report them as such. 

If you continue experiencing the issue, you can contact Google My Business Support and ask them to assist you. They don't have to remove photos that do not violate their policy but sometimes they can help. 

Re: Pictures not posting on my business listing

Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
# 5
Follower ✭ ☆ ☆
Jacob, Sergey is with the right way.
Google have policy algorithm and decided through. 
Google have priority setter that what shows up. and has the first priority such images uploaded to customers, reviews person Google displayed with the map. If you have just google business. But If you will go knowledge panel with structured data you can set up with on your choice.