My Business
5.3K members online now
5.3K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Physical address vs virtual address

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

I was told that Google is cracking down on businesses that have virtual addresses/offices.  My company does historical tours, but my home/permanent address is about 30 miles away from where we meet to board our tour bus.  I want a Google maps listing for my business, and was told that only if I get a virtual address in a more urban location will I be found by customers and have good credibility (my competitor has an urban virtual address and they come up much more often on Google than I do).  However, I'd prefer to just give my home address on Google as an SAP, listing a wider service coverage range and hiding that address.  Will I be at a disadvantage, and not be found?  I'd rather not have a virtual address, but my business advisor keeps insisting I get  one.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Physical address vs virtual address

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi Jeanine

Please do not listen to your Business advisor. You are correct that virtual addresses are against Google's guidelines and you will be penalised. Stick to being a Service Area Business and you will do much better.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog