My Business
4.9K members online now
4.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Photo albums

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

With the change from Picasa to Google Photos, I am having a problem now with my page: Tri-State Speedway )https://plus.google.com/b/115492524790079021206/+TriStateSpeedway), 1705 W. Race Track Road, Pocola, OK 74902. 

In the past, we had the ability to create photo albums on our business page. These would automatically create a Picasa Web Album. Apparently, this doesn't happen now, since Picasa is going away. I cannot find any way to add an album to my G+ page now.

The reason I am needing this, is because we use third-party software to show these albums on our website for our visitors to see. The software uses the API to look at the albums on Picasa Web that used to be automatically created and gather the required info to show the photo album.

It appears that the only way to make an album now is to go through Google Photos and then share the album to your page. Is this correct or am I missing something? This process does not work with the third party vendors since the album is not actually on the G+ page, but shared to it, even though it is shared as public.

I understand that eventually the new API for Google Photos will possibly be released and the third party vendors may have to rewrite their software, but as it is right now, there are quite a few of us that can no longer post albums to our G+ pages and therefore cannot use software that we have purchased.

Does anyone know any more details about this situation, any work-arounds or if it is possible to post an album to your G+ business page?
Thanks for any assistance!

2 Expert replyverified_user
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Photo albums

Community Manager
# 2
Community Manager

Hi @Rob N,

Thanks for writing in with your question. I did some testing in my own account, and it looks like you are correct, you'll need to upload the images, and share the album as you noted. I would recommend this article for how to work with photos from the business side, and this article for more detailed information on photo sharing and collections.

Hope that helps!

Best,

Liz

GMB Community Manager

Photo albums

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hey Liz

I'm wondering if you can help me please.

Our page The Trade Hub shows about 94 photos that someone else has added for our business. I am trying to remove these photos as they are old and do not represent all of our business anymore and can be misleading. However, I am trying to do this from the my business app and online pages but it does not show these photos at all. The 94 photos have been added by someone else and so I cannot get access even though I am the verified owner and user. 

Please could you reply with a solution to this?

Many Thanks.

Ali

Photo albums

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Ali H

Liz isn't anymore participating  this forum and I ask oyou to start your own thread providing there all information to understand and investigate your issue
This allows us to keep the forum organized and gives you the attention you need.
This ( https://www.en.advertisercommunity.com/t5/Google-My-Business/ct-p/GMB ) is our top level Community--from there, you can click into the board title that is most applicable for your issue. Once you're in an individual board, you can click on the red/pink + sign in the lower right corner of the screen to start a new topic.

I will now close this older thread for now replies