My Business
2.5K members online now
2.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Phone number invalid

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am trying to update my google business pages with new phone numbers, they all work and call the relevant company/branch but google just says they are invalid even though they're not. Even if I then revert back to the old numbers it says they are invalid and won't let me save them. I have to cancel the operation.

Motordepot

Clarence Street

Hull HU91DN

01482 767421

Motordepot Hessle

Livingstone Road

Hessle

HU13 0EG

01482 767422

Motordepot Scunthorpe

Mannaberg Way

Scunthorpe

DN15 8XF

01724 245280

Motordepot Grimsby (I don't manage this page but my colleague is having the same issue trying to change it)

West Coates Road

DN31 2SU

01472 728426

Motordepot Birmingham

Mackadown Lane

B33 0JJ

0121 222 1386

Thanks in advance for your help

Ashley

2 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Phone number invalid

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

@Ashley M

are oyu trying to update the numbers through your dashboard or via GMaps?

In the first case: can you please provide a screen grap showing for one sample what  you do to change the phone number but get it rejected as wrong or invalid phone?

Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
# 3
Explorer ✭ ✭ ☆
Hi Ashley,

Are the numbers you've listed in the thread the new numbers?

Grace

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor
Hi Ashley

I think you're falling victim to the same glitch as a few other people. This has been reported to Google. Will add your thread to the list and let you know if/when I get word back.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Hi Ashley

The official word is it's a known problem and they're working on it with no ETA.
The have provided a process for getting around the problem:
"For now, you can use a + and the country code (+44 for the UK, for example) in place of the first 0 in the number as a work-around."

That said, I just updated a listing in Australia and was able to use the phone number as you would expect (without the +61 in front) and it was accepted. So it may be that the fix is already live.

Let me know if neither method works, or which method works for you.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Margaret O · Google My Business Top Contributor

Find me on · · my blog