My Business
5.2K members online now
5.2K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Phone call saying my business is going to be marked permanently closed?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My business is verified and everything on it is correct on Google maps but I keep getting a phone call from a phone number in Virginia with a recording saying that my business needs to be updated or it is going to be permanently closed by Google and gives me to options 1 to talk to someone and 8 to be removed.  I'm pretty sure that this is someone trying to sell something and they aren't really anyone from Google but I pressed 1 to find out who they were and got a recording saying no one was available to talk.  So my question is if there is a problem with my Google business page on Google or Google Maps would I get a call like this?  wouldn't their be a message in my email or in my Google My Business account if there was a problem.  

Business name:  2frogz

Business Address:  North Canton OH

Business phone:  760-616-1243

Google Maps URL:  https://www.google.com/maps/place/2frogz/@40.8899497,-81.3888112,17z/data=!3m1!4b1!4m5!3m4!1s0x0:0x8...

Thank you.  

1 Expert replyverified_user

Phone call saying my business is going to be marked permanently closed?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Google told us Top Contributors they would never make cold calls and never ask "to press 1" or similar.

You got a call from a scammer.