My Business
3.5K members online now
3.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Personalized URL's For Google/Youtube Channels

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1. Full business name: Operation Red Dot Real Estate
2. Current business address: 850 39th Ave SW Puyallup, WA 98373
3. Current telephone number: 253-904-1544 
4. Google+ URL: Unsure

The Personalized URL for my Business Google + and Youtube have extra words that I don't want in the URL. Google indicated that the particular URL they're trying to put me into was "Pre-approved", but it isn't correct. How do I customize or ask Google to pre-approve a URL that actually makes sense for my business? Everything is fine except for the end, I do not want "Puyallup" on the end of the URL, and I can't find anywhere in the names of Google or Youtube that says Puyallup in my name. No idea where Google is pulling that from. Thoughts?
1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Personalized URL's For Google/Youtube Channels

[ Edited ]
Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @James M,

Sorry to hear of your G+ url issue. In the past, there has been no absolute way to resolve this.

1) Contact Google Support and ask for help. Visit the G+ page and in the left hand menu is Help and Feedback. (there is no guarantee they will help with such a request, but they have at times) 

2) Create a new G+ page and use the custom url feature to create one more ideal (you still will not get exactly what you want as these are not really custom but a form of a vanity address with many limitations) and merge the funky-named one with your new one.

You can review the general info from the Google Help File, which will provide some insight on having a custom url.

Note: they are adding Puyallup as that it your city/location. This is standard practice for a custom url. 

I wish I had more to offer. 

Kind Regards,

James