My Business
2.7K members online now
2.7K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Pending Changes 5 Weeks +

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi There,

Our team rebranded and moved down the street. We attempted to update the information on the my business account but have received a pending message for 5 weeks now. I believe we followed all of the guidlines but  have still not seen any change. I have looked through the support forum and I have not been able to find a solution, please help!

Any help/guidance would be greatly appreciated. 

New Business Information

Sparrow Hair

641 7th Avenue Fernie, BC V0B 1M7

(250) 423-7175

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/641+7+Ave,+Fernie,+BC+V0B+1M5/@49.506912,-115.0688447,17z/data=!3m1...

www.sparrowhair.ca

Old Business Information

Sparrow For Hair

1221E 7 Ave, Fernie, BC V0B 1M0

(250) 423-7175

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Sparrow+For+Hair/@49.511722,-115.06143,15z/data=!4m2!3m1!1s0x0:0xeb...

www.sparrowforhair.com

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 2
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

Did you mark the old search result as Permanently Closed question to Yes?

And create a new listing at the new address?

You also need to go out and change all your other web directories to the new details before making a new GmB entry. Ideally start a few weeks before the move.

Reviews may reconnect by similar business name or phone nos, certainly if you do not mark the old search result listing as permanently Closed = Yes. Its something added after I complained about problems with other directory entries one cannot change, some years ago.

Reviews and third party data are connected to your GmB entry, or one Google makes, by algorithms. Business names are given a hash key so similar names will be seen as one name.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Andrew, 

Thanks for the response but I'm unsure what you're telling me to do? Are you saying I should mark the other location as permanently closed and create a new listing at this address?

When you say I need to change all other web directories, what/where do you mean?

Thanks, 

Re: Pending Changes 5 Weeks +

Participant ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Participant ✭ ✭ ✭

You should mark any old GmB entry for a closed business as Permanently Closed

All the other text search result entries under the Maps result need changing to the new details. Depending on how they work you need to do the same process or change the new details.

This should be done in advance really.

Then create your your n.