My Business
1.9K members online now
1.9K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Page listing keeps changing to Permanently closed (4th time this week)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

My companies business page: https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kentucky+Kingdom,+937+Phillips+Ln,+Louisville,+KY+40209/@38.20014,...

Has been fraudulently reported (and marked) as permanently closed 4 times within the last week.

The support team has been helpful (though I wouldn't say fast given the giant red permanently closed message) in reverting the status so far...

Is there any way to stop this from happening? Somewhere else I can escalate the problem to?

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Page listing keeps changing to Permanently closed (4th time this w

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Adam,
Doesn't the park has a physical address on West Hall Drive, since that is where it is located?
I think the anti-spam algorithms are getting confused because you are listing a mailing address that coincides with the location of the convention center instead of the actual physical address of the park.
Also, having the correct physical address listed helps with accurate driving directions in such a large complex.
Right now the driving directions are ending at the convention center instead of the parking lot on West Hall Drive where the entrance to the park is located.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
# 2
Follower ✭ ✭ ☆
Hello,
It looks like there is another listing at this address. Is Kentucky Exposition Center a separate business from Kentucky Kingdom. If they are two businesses at the same address they would have to be separated by a suite number and the suite numbers would have to be real USPS addresses.

Is this a profile you have access to? This business is at the same address.

https://www.google.com/maps/place/Kentucky+Exposition+Center/@38.1972867,-85.7415304,17z/data=!3m1!4...
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 3
Top Contributor
Hi Adam,
Doesn't the park has a physical address on West Hall Drive, since that is where it is located?
I think the anti-spam algorithms are getting confused because you are listing a mailing address that coincides with the location of the convention center instead of the actual physical address of the park.
Also, having the correct physical address listed helps with accurate driving directions in such a large complex.
Right now the driving directions are ending at the convention center instead of the parking lot on West Hall Drive where the entrance to the park is located.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
To the best of my knowledge the address is correct and there is no suite number.

We are located on the Expo Center grounds so it's not surprising to me we have the same address, however, I do not have access to the account you linked.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
The USPS address is on Phillips lane. To my knowledge West Hall Drive is a street that bisects the fairgrounds but there are not any "businesses" with that address.

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor
Hi Adam,
Google Maps is not supposed to use USPS addresses, rather physical addresses.
Does the amusement park has its offices in the convention center and the reason it lists the Convention center' building address?
The amusement park is not situated on the building of the convention center itself, rather off West Hall Drive, which can be seen on the satellite imagery.