My Business
5.5K members online now
5.5K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

PLEASE HELP - Website URL Not Showing Up on Google Maps Listing (after updating to a new website)

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
1) Amara Organic Hair Salon

2) 1/1863 Gold Coast Highway Burleigh Heads, Gold Coast, Queensland, Australia

3) +61755183944

4) https://plus.google.com/+AmaraOrganicHairSalonBurleighHeads

amaraorganichair.com.au 

Hello, Ive recently updated my website. Since changing from the old to new website google isn't showing our website URL link on google business maps. It only shows Directions. Ive updated the web address (under add missing information) in Google My Business information but still not showing up. Ive added the website several times over the last few weeks to no avail. 

Discourage search engines from indexing this site (IS UNTICKED IN WORDPRESS)

Under search console - Ive fetched which says "Complete" and fetched and renders that says "partial"

Thank you so much for your help. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: PLEASE HELP - Website URL Not Showing Up on Google Maps Listing (after updating to a new website

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @James M

It's likely because the website has been hacked. I'm not seeing a message in the search results that it's been hacked but I noticed some spammy pages and saw this in the source code of your homepage:

amara.JPG

You should contact your webmaster or whoever built the new site and see if they can clean it up.

TomW, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

PLEASE HELP - Website URL Not Showing Up on Google Maps Listing (after updating to a new website)

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Tom thanks for responding mate, I appreciate it. Im honestly at ends with what to do. Will advise webmaster and see if it helps. In your experience could there be any other reasons? Cheers James 

Re: PLEASE HELP - Website URL Not Showing Up on Google Maps Listing (after updating to a new website

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hey @James M

You're welcome. I do think that is the issue. Looks like the code and bad pages have been removed now, which is great. Your webmaster should utilize Google Search Console to check for any issues. And to also use the "fetch as Google" feature to have Google crawl and re-index the website. After that hopefully the domain will stick on your Google My Business listing. It may not happen right away though. May take a few days or a week but hopefully not. If it's still not accepting the website after a week let me know. I'll check again to see if I see any other possible issues but I'm pretty sure that is it.

Was your question answered? If so, please mark the post that answered it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Thanks Tom ive Fetched and Rendered my URL through Search Console. Hopefully that will fix it in the coming week. Tom can i ask when i fetch or fetch and render my URL or a specific page sometimes by status comes back as partial sometimes complete would you know why this is the case?

Top Contributor
# 6
Top Contributor

Hey @James M

There's likely just something on the page that is preventing a full render, but that's okay. It doesn't necessarily mean something is wrong, and it wouldn't cause an issue with your Google My Business listing.

You can check out this post for more info, particularly the top response that is marked as the best answer.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 7
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

H Tom,

Its been about a week since we removed the possible blocking content on my source code for my website to show up on google maps. Still not showing. What are your thoughts from here Tom :) with regards to fixing this issue. Thank you James 

Top Contributor
# 8
Top Contributor

Hi @James M

In search console, were there any messages about the site being hacked? And is there anything mentioned under the "Security Issues" section of search console?

The issue has been corrected on your website's homepage but there are still traces of the hack in Google's index. See the spammy results that are still showing for your website: https://www.google.com.au/search?q=site:amaraorganichair.com.au&start=10&*

I'm guessing that the issue with getting your website url to stick on your Google My Business listing may remain until those results are gone. I think they will go away eventually but you could post on the Google Webmaster Help Forum for tips on how to speed up the process.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 9
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi Tom unfortunately i tried that forum before and i didnt get any responses. :) Suppose ill just have to wait and cross my fingers that google will accept my URL eventually. 

Top Contributor
# 10
Top Contributor

Hi @James M

All of the spam pages on your site begin with /?device&lost=

Ideally these pages would return a 410 status to indicate to Google that they're gone.

On an apache server you could accomplish this in htaccess with something like this:
RewriteCond %{QUERY_STRING} ^device&lost=(.*)$
RewriteRule ^(.*)$ /410 [R=410,L]

If you're on an nginx server then you would need to find an equivalent. Use caution if you try it, and be sure your homepage is still returning a 200 OK status so you're not indicating to Google that your homepage is also gone.