We would like to transfer ownership of The Gap Inn
Currently, the previous General Manager has ownership of the google listing, who has now left the company under not so amicable terms.
We therefore need to transfer ownership as soon as possible.
I have requested for the ownership to be transferred to myself already.
If someone could please come back to me on if there is another way to gain ownership
Ownership Transfer[ Edited ]
December 2016 - last edited December 2016
To start, create an account at Google using domain of the restaurants... i.e. email@example.com (this gives Google a better idea that you are in fact the rightful heir.
Then follow these steps. And after 7 days do what step 7 says which is contact Google Support by replying to the email.
Follow these steps to create a message to the current listing owner:
- Navigate to Google My Business.
- Sign in to Google using the account you use to manage your business.
- Search for your business using its name and address.
- Enter the name or address of your business and select your business from the drop-down menu.
- When you choose your business, you’ll see a dialog box letting you know that someone else has verified the business. Click Request ownership.
- Click Report a problem if you want to update this listing’s information on Google, such as an incorrect street address or phone number.
- Fill out the form. You have the option to include a message to the current owner to contact you directly with questions. Include:
- Who you are
- How you are related to the business
- Why you need to manage the listing
- Where they can get more information
- What you need them to do
- How they can contact you
- The current listing owner will receive an email asking them to get in touch with you, and you’ll receive a confirmation email. Allow a full 7 days for the current listing owner to respond to your request. If you don’t hear back after 7 days, contact support by replying to the confirmation email.