My Business
4.6K members online now
4.6K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Owner abandons listing?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

I am a Regional Lead in Google Map Maker. JYSK, a furniture store, has claimed/added listings on the map in Bosnia.

However one listing has remained unclaimed: https://www.google.com/mapmaker?gw=39&fid=0x475ead0fa59c9977:0x721f4c9190374f58.

This is the only listing that has remained unclaimed in the whole country. I unfortunately, cannot remember if it was claimed at any point in time. I am a customer so I know they are open for business.

Is this a bug or?

PS I probably put this thread in the wrong sub-forum. 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Owner abandons listing?

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Hi Emir,
The listing was created by a Map Maker user and there is no way for us to know if it was verified at some point after that since Google provides now only generic messages in Map Maker for edits done by Google itself or owners of verified listings.
It is rare that a business would delete the business listing from the dashboard if the business is still operating. The typical situation is when the listing was created by an employee that later on left the business and deleted the business listing or the Google account altogether in which case the listing becomes unverified again.
What is the reason you wish to find out if it was verified at some point?

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor