My Business
4.1K members online now
4.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Over a month since Business form submitted, stuck at pending review

[ Edited ]
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Despite the "Review within 3 working days", my business is still waiting for approval for GMaps integration. I gave it time for the Christmas/New Year period but still with no luck. What can I do more?

Name: Rock Affinity

Address: AGEPoly, EPFL 1015 Lausanne

G+ URL: https://plus.google.com/103529803281353653060

Best regards,

1 Expert replyverified_user

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

I have two questions @Rock A

1# what is this for a verified  listing called "AGEPoly" and how is it related with your business

2# what for a strange street address  show this be for a business called "Rock Affinity"?

I refer to your mentioned street address "AGEPoly, EPFL 1015 Lausanne"

As far as I know "EPFL" stays for "École Polytechnique Fédérale de Lausanne"

Byt this ist any kind of street address not even "AGEPoly, EPFL 1015 Lausanne" is a street address.

I doubt your listing will reviewed and approved without a proper street address of GMaps 

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hello,

Thanks for the question, they are indeed relevant.

1. AGEPoly is a shop and student association linked to EPFL. It's the administrative head of all EPFL's assocations. For example PolyLAN is another association linked to AGEPoly (and thus EPFL) which has been approved.

2. Everything mailed to anything EPFL building is ruled by the internal mail. Thus, our address is Rock Affinity, AGEPoly, EPFL, 1015 Lausanne. It is also the address given to the Post or private delivery services. (This address has been previously validated through the paper-mail process).

Even though we are a student association, our activities (dance events, workshops and goodies) are available to anyone interested. It could help a lot people in the area to find about us. We are non-profit but provide a service for anyone, so it's not really *our* problem if we do not apprear in GMaps :)

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

using GoogleMaps or GoogleMyBusiness you can't think in termes of how any maisl are delivered in the building.

GoogleMyBusiness needs a physical address not such a kind of address known by people working in or going to the building.

And such a physical address MUST be the physical street address.

Doing provide any other stuff as you believe is a physical address (but not being such) will lead to the hassle you are experiencing.

And frankly said.

In case you continue to try using such an sort of "non physical street address" I can't help you.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

OK, thanks for the answer.

As there is no such "Physical street address", I'll drop the case and just wait to see what happens.