My Business
2.4K members online now
2.4K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Over 10 Business locations...not allowed to receive review notifications??

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Afternoon internet! :)

Part of my role is to manage the Google Business Places account for our business. As we are a large business, we have over 140 different locations within our account and we receive notification emails for a random couple. 

I've been through and set up each and every place as directed by Google but it still doesn't work. I've spoken to Google about this and I've been advised that, as we have over 10 locations, we are not eligible to receive any form of notification emails...

Now, not that I want to disagree with the gent from Google support that sent me a rather interesting response, but with Google's best practice of always replying to reviews and ensuring that everything is up-to-date for customers, this doesn't seem to make sense - why stop big businesses doing reputation management on Google?

It could be that there is absolutely no way for us to receive notifications...I just wanted to touch base with the community and see if anyone had encountered a similar issue or knew of any way to make things work! 

Thanks everyone :) 

1 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Over 10 Business locations...not allowed to receive review notifications??

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Danny J

Are all these accounts in 1 single master account listed as owner.

The owner account get Review notifications by email.

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@timcapper this is what I thought :/ but unfortunately, the email assigned doesn't receive notification emails from 90% of the places in the account :(

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

Hi @Danny J

Have they had reviews added then ?

Strange that you did not receive email when review added ? 

I can see if this is a known bug or intended, but my account receives ( 60 locations )

Tim Capper, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Find me on: Google+ | Twitter | Facebook | Linkedin
Tim operates a bespoke Local SEO Consultancy in the UK, Online Ownership

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
@timcapper we've definitely received reviews to them :/

That'd be much appreciated, thank you Tim! Google support have just told me that we have a bulk account and therefore no notifications for us :/ end of.