My Business
4.8K members online now
4.8K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Outdated information still visible

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Hi,

Our Property the Red Carpet Inn, Banff, AB used to provide a free continental breakfast however they stopped this service as of January 2015 (a sister property the High Country Inn, Banff, AB will also stop their breakfast service as of January 2016).  Despite numerous requests and being told on phone conversations that a google tech would resolve it the description of the property still clearly states:

"Free perks include continental breakfast" and when you search on the map the first line of text also displays free breakfast "Modest hotel with free breakfast"

As similar details are also posted for the High Country how do I go about removing this information for both properties as it is false advertising and is causing our front desk staff issues as guests keep referencing it.

3 Expert replyverified_user

Re: Outdated information still visible

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor

Hi @Jeff I

These are called Business Descriptions and come directly from Google. They can only be resolved via support, however if you've tried that and nothing has happened I'll try escalating to Google myself to see if it can be changed.

I'll let you know how that goes.

Priya Chandra, Google My Business Top Contributor
Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.
-----------------------------------
Follow me on Twitter  |   Connect on G+  |   Read my Blog

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

Thanks for your assistance hopefully we can get this resolved sooner than later.

Top Contributor
# 4
Top Contributor

@Jeff I

Adding to what  @PriyaC said

Such infos are gathered by Google from third party websites.

Found such source as below

Screenshot 2015-12-18 at 10.41.49.png

it comes from http://www.southtravel.com/booknow/main.asp?hin=18160

But as Priya told you: the business support should be able to fix it. Have you already asked  them for a call back?

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 5
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Thanks Helmut for the different way of looking at this and explaining where the source of the information comes from.

Thank you to both of you as the reference to breakfast has finally been removed from the Red Carpet google search, now just to get it removed from the High Country Inn site as well.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 6
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

The text has been corrected on the Red Carpet Inn site, could you contact whoever you reached out to for this and have them make the same changes to the Banff High Country Inn as well or can you let me know who I can contact?

Top Contributor
# 7
Top Contributor

Hi @Jeff I

I'm sorry I didn't see this request from you in my email notifications for some reason.

Before I escalate this, can I check whether you've reported the incorrect summary for Banff High Country Inn via this report: https://support.google.com/business/contact/business_glance_summary?

If so, how long ago? That information will help if I do need to escalate the issue.

Thanks.

Was my response helpful? If yes, please mark it as the ‘Best Answer.’ Learn how here.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 8
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi Priya,

I sent the information over a week ago to request the change and I checked again this morning and the description still shows free breakfast. I appreciate this takes time but as the front desk are having to deal with irate guests over this is there a way to expedite it?

Kind Regards

Top Contributor
# 9
Top Contributor
Hi John, I'll ask my CM if she's able to help.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 10
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Hi PriyaC,
I also have a problem with outdated information on my businesses google listing: Lake Crest Inn. I have updated the information on my end but when i do a google search it still is the 10+ year old information.
It starts out as "Pared-back rooms at a motel with an outdoor pool, a beach & free use of rowboats & kayaks"
Also when someone clicks onto more information, this comes up:
"Overlooking Lake George and the Adirondack Mountains, this relaxed motel is 4 minutes' walk from Shepard Park and 6 minutes' walk from the House of Frankenstein Wax Museum. Interstate 87 is less than 1 mile away.

Rooms with classic decor feature cable TV and free WiFi. Some include minifridges, patios and lake views, and suites have sitting areas and/or kitchenettes.

Rowboat and kayak rentals are free, as is parking. An on-site cafe offers American breakfast (discounted for overnight guests). Other amenities include an outdoor pool and a private beach, both with sun loungers."
Can you let me know how to contact someone in order to make the edits/changes?
Thank you !
Pauline