My Business
5.1K members online now
5.1K members online now
Follow threads that discuss the latest tips on how to get your business online… for free!
Guide Me
star_border

Our phone number is on another businesses listing

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 1
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭

Our business is having issues getting our phone number removed from another businesses listing. We've contacted the other business to let them know and they've tried claiming the ad so they can change it but they are having issues and can't get it fixed for some reason.  We've reported the error many times through Google Maps, but it just isn't getting fixed. We get multiple calls for this business every day and it's very disruptive to have to repeatedly explain to the callers that are trying to contact the other business that the phone number on the Google listing is incorrect. We even tried submitting a review on this businesses listing explaining what the correct phone number was someone from Google removed our review. We're going crazy, please help us get this fixed.

https://www.google.ca/search?client=opera&q=gas+station+in+dunmore&sourceid=opera&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8

1 Expert replyverified_user
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Re: Our phone number is on another businesses listing

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Did you try to change it through your My Business dashboard?
If you tried but the number changes back to the incorrect one try contacting My Business support as Pj D suggested, but you should also check the business information in other online business directories to find where the incorrect phone number is coming from.

treebles, Google My Business Top Contributor

View solution in original post

Top Contributor
# 2
Top Contributor
Could you please to the actual Maps' listing for the business?
The URL you provided is for a web search and you did not indicate which one is the business in question.

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 3
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Whoops, sorry.

It's the business listed as the "Co-op Gas Bar". Their phone number is 403-526-6552.

The phone number that's listed, 403-526-7718, belongs to a Natural Gas Utility co-op.

https://www.google.ca/maps/place/Co-op+Gas+Bar/@50.0168009,-110.6998401,12z/data=!4m5!1m2!2m1!1sgas+...

Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
# 4
Visitor ✭ ✭ ✭
Try this link:

https://support.google.com/business/#topic=4539639&contact=1&ts=4511900,3041152

Have google call you. Speak to a google my business reply explain the problem. They can guide
Marked as Best Answer.
Solution
Accepted by Manoj S (Google Employee)
April 2016

Top Contributor
# 5
Top Contributor
Did you try to change it through your My Business dashboard?
If you tried but the number changes back to the incorrect one try contacting My Business support as Pj D suggested, but you should also check the business information in other online business directories to find where the incorrect phone number is coming from.